Start your homebuying experience confidently with a preapproval with loanDepot. Knowing how much you can borrow, your potential interest rate and potential mortgage payment enables you to get laser-focused on finding the home of your dreams.
In today’s competitive housing market, you need a best-in-class real estate agent who is an expert in your market. Luckily, our network of mellohome preferred real estate agents cover the country, ensuring a smooth and exceptional home-finding experience.
Get Your Grand Slam*
Receive up to $7,000 cash back at the close of your transaction.
The following disclosures, terms, conditions, and restrictions apply to all Grand Slam options (except as expressly indicated below):
The loanDepot Grand Slam powered by mellohome is not available in Alabama, Alaska, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oregon and Tennessee. Offer is only valid where mellohome has network real estate agents available. Some program features and benefits may not be available in other states.
- Customers must (a) enter into a purchase contract with a mellohome approved partner agent and (b) close on said home pursuant to the purchase contract, with the previously retained mellohome approved partner agent, no later than 12 months after accepting a Buy-and-Sell Grand Slam certificate, 24 months after accepting a Buy Grand Slam certificate, or 6 months after accepting a Sell Grand Slam certificate, whichever is shorter. A certificate is considered accepted upon receipt. Offer void where mellohome approved partners are not available and partners may not be available in all markets. mellohome partners are not employees of mellohome.
- For Buy-and-Sell Grand Slam and Buy Grand Slam Offers, once the customer has entered into a purchase contract facilitated by a mellohome network real estate agent, the customer must lock a mortgage loan rate with loanDepot. The mortgage for the purchase transaction must close with loanDepot. Buy-and-Sell Grand Slam and Buy Grand Slam Offers are subject to credit approval by loanDepot and upon other applicable mortgage application terms and conditions. The Buy-and-Sell Grand Slam and the Buy Grand Slam Offers are not available without a loanDepot mortgage.
- Minimum purchase price and loan amounts must fall within loanDepot loan program guidelines to be eligible for the Buy-and-Sell Grand Slam and the Buy Grand Slam. The Grand Slam Program may not be available for certain loan programs based on cash back and other restrictions. The Offer is not available for refinance transactions.
- mellohome will pay the corresponding cash back directly to the customer within 30 days after closing of all transactions needed to qualify for the customer’s corresponding Grand Slam program, unless required by state law to be provided at closing. Customers’ use of mellohome network Realtors must be confirmed to mellohome’s satisfaction.
- Tax laws may require mellohome to collect your tax identification number and/or social security number and to issue you a 1099-MISC or 1099 form. mellohome may also be required to report the benefits provided to you under the Grand Slam Program to the Internal Revenue Service. Please consult your tax advisor.
- The cash back is subject to adjustments or cancellation if mellohome is required to share any portion of the real estate transaction commissions with parties other than the buyer’s agent and the seller’s agent, or if mellohome is otherwise prohibited by law or contract from distributing the cash back to customers. In some cases, parties to a purchase and/or sale transaction, or certain lenders financing a loan transaction, will not allow a buyer to receive a cash back and/or may otherwise restrict mellohome from distributing any or all of the cash back offered herein. Customers should discuss the Grand Slam Program with parties to a real estate transaction and with their lender regarding the program benefits. After issuance of an offer certificate, customers must promptly advise mellohome of sales price changes or changes to participants in purchase and sale transactions (including, without limitation, changes in the buyer, seller, lender, or real estate agent). Such changes could affect customer eligibility for Grand Slam program. Although you were not required to use a mellohome network agent or to close your loan with loanDepot, as explained in these terms, the Offer is no longer valid if you do not use a mellohome network agent or if you do not use a loanDepot mortgage to finance your home purchase.
- Offers cannot be retroactively applied to previously closed loans or loans already in process. Only one offer valid per transaction. Offer is non-transferable and may not be used with other discounts, promotions, or special pricing. Participation in the Grand Slam program is optional and is not required in order to obtain services from loanDepot or mellohome.
- mellohome has a business relationship with affiliated businesses that participate in the Grand Slam Program. Each of these businesses may refer you to the services of another and each are owned directly or indirectly by LD Holdings Group, LLC. Because of these relationships, the referral of a customer by any of the affiliated companies to another may provide the referring company, its parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and/or their employees, with a financial or other benefit. You are not required to use any of these service providers as a condition for the purchase, sale, or refinance of any subject property or to obtain access to any settlement service. There are frequently other settlement service providers available with similar services. You are free to shop around to determine that you are receiving the best service and the best rate. For more information, see affiliated business arrangement disclosures provided by mellohome and affiliates.
- The Offer may include products or services offered by third parties unaffiliated with mellohome or its affiliates. Neither mellohome nor its affiliates make any representation about the quality, fitness for use, or any other aspect of such goods or services, and neither mellohome nor its affiliates will be responsible for customers’ use or non-use of such products or services, or for any monthly, subscription, or other recurring charges and fees associated with such products or services.
- By accepting the Offer, you consent to the sharing of information about you—such as your name and contact information, and information about your relationship with mellohome and mellohome’s affiliates—sufficient to permit mellohome to acquire products and services on your behalf.
- mellohome reserves the right to rescind or modify the terms of the offer without prior notice.
Choose a mellohome network real estate agent and obtain a loanDepot.com, LLC (“loanDepot”) loan and
loanDepot will guarantee your loan will close on time. If the loanDepot does not close on time, loanDepot
will pay the borrower(s) (“Buyer”) and the seller(s) (“Seller”) each $1,000.
To be eligible for the Closing Guarantee, the terms and conditions described below apply (“Terms”).
- The Closing Guarantee is only available for Buy-and-Sell Grand Slams and Buy Grand Slams where the purchase contract has not been signed as of the date of the Buyer’s referral to mellohome and the date of issuance of a Grand Slam certificate to the Buyer. The Closing Guarantee is only valid for purchase of a property where loanDepot is licensed to do business and is void where prohibited by law.
- Total potential payout under the Closing Guarantee is $1,000 to Buyer and $1,000 to Seller, regardless of the number of individual borrowers and sellers participating in the purchase transaction. Only the Buyer can make a claim against the Closing Guarantee.
- Buyer and Seller must enter into a standard purchase agreement with close of escrow date scheduled at least 30 days after signing the agreement and the completed RESPA/TRID application date, whichever is later. Both Buyer and Seller must agree to meet all contingencies within the contingency dates outlined within the contract. There can be no changes to the closing date once the purchase contract is signed and the closing date must not be prohibited by federal or state law (e.g., it must comply with all applicable waiting periods).
- The signed purchase contract must be provided to loanDepot and mellohome within 24 hours after execution (so that loanDepot can promptly order an appraisal). Buyer must promptly provide an intent to proceed on the Buyer’s loan application and pay for appraisal and Sellers must allow the appraiser to inspect the property at the earliest date offered by appraiser. loanDepot must receive the appraisal at least 10 days before the close of escrow date.
- Buyer must receive a pre-approval from loanDepot and provide all required income and asset documentation to loanDepot at least 5 days before entering into the purchase contract. Additionally, Buyer must provide loanDepot all requested documents within 48 hours of loanDepot’s request, and all documentation submitted to loanDepot must be accurate and complete. Buyer must satisfy all underwriting requirements and loan conditions, and there must be no material changes to the Buyer’s application, employment status, credit status, or collateral from the date of pre-approval through closing, as determined by loanDepot in its sole discretion.
- Buyer must qualify for a loan of at least 105% of the designated purchase amount of the subject property (e.g., if the subject property has a negotiated sales price of $300,000, the Buyer must qualify for a minimum of $315,000).
- The Closing Guarantee is only available for conventional, first lien, single-family Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, and Veterans Affair purchase loans. Additional loan exclusions apply (see Section 14).
- No product changes or borrower additions are permitted during the purchase contract period.
- The property must not require any repairs, and the property sale must be identified as “as is” in the purchase contract.
- For purchase contracts that are contingent on the sale of an existing property, funds from the contingent sale must be received at least 5 days before close of escrow.
- Buyer must obtain a homeowners insurance binder and provide the binder to loanDepot within 48 hours after clearing purchase contract contingencies.
- The Closing Guarantee is considered satisfied if loanDepot is “cleared to close” on or before the date scheduled for close of escrow in the purchase contract. Neither loanDepot nor mellohome will be responsible for the performance of any third parties to the transaction, including, without limitation, appraisers, title companies, homeowner’s insurance providers, local governments or government agencies, sellers, buyers, real estate agents, and closing agents.
- The Closing Guarantee will not extend any mortgage rate lock and does not constitute pre-approval or final approval of any application for a mortgage, nor does it constitute a commitment to make a mortgage loan.
The Closing Guarantee is not available if the following scenarios or circumstances are present or arise
during the course of the transaction:
- The Buyer changes the loan amount, interest rate, or other key term of the loan after the loan has been locked by loanDepot
- Jumbo loans (or loans that require two appraisals) and down payment assistance loans (or bonds)
- New build construction
- Consolidation, Extension and Modification Agreement (“CEMA”) or New York Co-Op (“COOP”) purchase loans
- Purchase contracts or transactions that require well tests or environmental tests
- No properties with farmland or in areas zoned for agriculture, or encompassing more than 10 acres, or more than 250 miles from a city with at least a population of 100,000, as determined from the 2020 Census
- The Closing Guarantee is not valid if Buyer does not close the loan with loanDepot, if the Buyer withdraws the Buyer’s loan application, if the Buyer’s loan application is canceled for incompleteness, if any fraudulent or misleading information is present in the transaction, if the home purchase transaction is not an arms-length transaction between two unrelated parties, or if any delay in the transaction occurs in whole or in part for reasons beyond loanDepot’s control, including, but not limited to, any act, omission, or negligence on the part of Buyer, Seller, and/or inclement weather, acts of god, natural disaster, public emergency, or catastrophic event.
- Buyer is responsible for independently verifying all Terms of the Closing Guarantee. Buyer must submit a claim to mellohome against the Closing Guarantee no later than 15 calendar days after funding of the loanDepot loan. The claim must be sent in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include a copy of the borrower’s name, address of the subject property, loan number, confirmation that all eligibility criteria were met, and a reason for the claim. loanDepot and/or mellohome may request additional information and may perform multiple independent reviews of the relevant loan files, documents, and facts before assessing the validity of a claim.1
- Tax laws may require loanDepot and/or mellohome to collect Buyer’s and/or Seller’s tax identification number and/or social security number and to issue Buyer and/or Seller a 1099-MISC or 1099 form. loanDepot and/or mellohome may also be required to report any payments made under the Closing Guarantee to Buyer and/or Seller to the Internal Revenue Service. Buyer and Seller should consult a tax adviser.
- Payments made pursuant to a claim under the Closing Guarantee are the only recourse available under the Closing Guarantee. Any other damages of any nature are expressly waived by Buyer and Seller and are disclaimed by loanDepot and mellohome.
- The Closing Guarantee is not transferrable or assignable, even if there is a substitute/successor borrower/buyer and/or seller to the original purchase contract. loanDepot reserves the right to rescind or modify the Terms of the Closing Guarantee without notice (such rescission or modification will not apply to Buyers and Sellers who complied with the Terms before the rescission or modification).
1For ease of administration, mellohome communicates with Buyer and Seller on loanDepot’s behalf with respect to participants in the Grand Slam Program, but mellohome is not party to the Closing Guarantee and is not responsible for its implementation. mellohome does not engage in mortgage lending, does not negotiate loan terms, and does not participate in any aspect of the mortgage origination process.
© 2009 – 2021 loanDepot.com, LLC and /or its affiliates. loanDepot.com, LLC is a family of companies. loanDepot.com, LLC is a direct lender. NMLS#174457 - NMLS Consumer Access | ©2009-2021 loanDepot.com, LLC, all rights reserved. 26642 Towne Centre Drive, Foothill Ranch, CA 92610. Equal Housing Lender. mello Home Services, LLC d/b/a mellohome is a licensed real estate brokerage and maintains its headquarters at 5465 Legacy Dr., Plano, Texas 75024. TREC Consumer Protection Notice | Texas Information About Brokerage Services | A licensed Texas real estate brokerage | ©2018 mellohome, all rights reserved. Equal Housing Opportunity. All rights reserved. mello Insurance Services, LLC is a licensed independent insurance broker – mello Insurance Services, LLC State Licensing. 26642 Towne Centre Drive, Foothill Ranch, CA 92610. ©2020 melloInsurance Services, LLC, all rights reserved. mello Insurance Services does not underwrite any insurance policy described on its website. mello Insurance Services developed the information provided on melloinsuranceservices.com for general informational and educational purposes. Any insurance policy premium quotes or ranges displayed are non-binding. The final insurance policy premium for any policy is determined by the underwriting insurance company following application. American Coast Title and Closing USA provide title insurance services.